I have always hated Valentine's Day. Yep. I'm totally against the whole mushy crap. I think that to force people to prove their love with candy, cards, etc, is making light of what should otherwise be a serious and thoughtful way to tell people you care. Instead, we are pressed to perform on a certain day, because society tells us we should.
But...I might just be bitching because I have never received a romantic valentine, even in 8 years of a solid relationship. *grin*
However, that aside, I decided to participate today in the card-giving, but rather than go and buy one, I made mine. Yes, using my excellent googling skills and design capabilities, I created a card just for my husband. And, in it I included a poem written just for him, just for today. I'm going to share it though, since I have made my decision to more actively pursue the poetical arts and all that junk. So, here it is, for all you readers. (Which is maybe like 0, since this blog is brand new!)
With Love
Daring to dream of love,
Embracing the passion and frustrations of another.
One heart no longer enough
One thought always in mind
To love, to give...
Sweep aside the tears,
Catch close the strength of bent knee.
None can take what remains
None can give what is lost
But to love, to give...
We, no longer you or me,
Joined, in heart and time, through choice.
You, rhythm and passion
Me, quiet and softness
We love, we give...
And dream becomes real within,
Ours through effort, two made stronger.
Two hearts joined in hope
Two minds pressed to connect
I, yours. You, mine.
Happy Valentine's Day, and may your love be close by.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment